Friday, February 17, 2012

Mr. Vole...new farm employee

This is Mr. Vole (at least I think he is a vole…it’s hard to hear what he says. Maybe he is a shrew). He made his way into the washtub in the basement and didn’t make it back out. So, I hired him. We always need a helping hand, even if the hand is about 2 millimeters long.

I started him out with the basics –
Syrup sales.

Then we moved on to taking care of the cacti garden.

He was a great assistant for helping me glue up some fabric

And for arranging my next quilt project. He has no eye for color…well, he can’t see now can he?

He tried his hand at emailing the order info for the week. He doesn’t like using the mouse tho.

And, you never know who you will reach when you call the farm.

As we became better friends I learned more about this handsome guy.

During his time off he enjoys reading,

Sunbathing,

Hanging out in nature,

Volunteering for great non-profit organizations like Spence Farm Foundation,

And taking dancing lessons.


And he likes cats…and thankfully Petie liked him too (kisses).

So, I guess I’ll keep him on for a while. At least until he begins to smell.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, this was just so funny! What a sense of imagination! Just delightful pictures. Will make me smile all day long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got a good cackle out of this. I'm guessing his not making it out of the tub meant that he wasn't alive? Cuz if he was, he sure was a great, agreeable model!

    ReplyDelete